Monday, September 28, 2009

PWIB Event: Aysha Saeed

I don't think attendance was as high as they intended it to be (very much an understatement), but it was pretty interesting. I think a lot of the girls present could identify with her story - there's this huge pressure to do the whole corporate thing if you want to go into business, but there's also a point where you just get sick of it and want to do what you're really passionate about. Because let's face it: i-banking is soulless. Now she's successful doing what she wants to do, but I have no doubt she'd be making more money in the corporate world. It all comes down to what you want more - money or happiness. Actually, I think she's found a good mixture of both. Not as much money as she could have, but definitely a life she loves, from what I got out of it.

Here are some (really shitty) pictures:





The sample sale was alright - the prices were right (although they definitely could have been lower). I appreciate that her fabrics are actually from Italy (that's where high quality fabric and handiwork comes from, period) instead of the BCBG "Made in China" blasphemy. You could tell that the clothes were well-made. I didn't end up buying anything because nothing particularly stuck out to me as being gorgeous enough for me to drop >$100. But I appreciated the designs nonetheless. As Rach said, I can see how they'd work for a woman in her late 20s to early 40s. The line just wasn't "young" enough for me.

Pictures (again, crappy) from the sample sale:




Now, if only we could get Thakoon Panichgul, Alexander Wang, or the Mulleavy sisters to come speak...

No comments:

Post a Comment